Exclusive Sewing Patterns for 18" dolls
by Dollhouse Designs©
1940's Sunday Rose Garden Dress or
Blouse w/ Skirt
for American Girl Molly & other 18" dolls
Digital PDF Pattern delivered within 24 hours
Feminine details like gently puffed sleeves & the jaunty peplum ruffle make this pretty enough for dress up or a nice everyday look for school or a day at the movies. Make the Blouse & Skirt for fun fashion options or the dress for a quick -but sweet- choice.
- Fit & Flare skirt
- Pretty lined Peplum ruffle at waist
- Sofly puffed sleeeves w/ band
- Waist is cinched in back w/ your choice of belt tie or elastic
- Neckline option
- Lined Bodice
- Trim suggestions
- Tailored to fit AG dolls perfectly (no guesswork, disappointing results, or time-consuming alterations)
- Print out only the pieces that you want
- Clear instructions w/ Photos & Illustrations
Wartime rationing called on 40's seamstresses to reduce the amount of fabric used. This really changed the silhouette of "fashion on the ration", raising hemlines and making the US the fashion capital, temporarily trumping Paris couture. Make Do and Mend was a slogan used in the US & Britain, as fabric manufacturers supplied the war effort. It caught on and was a popular mindset.
This design uses a scant 1/4 yard of fabric & modest trims for a fetching result. I enjoy using high quality muslin -a sewing staple- for lining and bias trim, something dressmakers of the past utilized as well. Perfect for pretty cotton fabrics.
Note: Dollhouse Designs has no affiliation with American Girl or Mattel.